As a Project Coordinator role with AF Steel Fabricators, you are a dedicated and organized professional with exceptional leadership skills, you will be responsible for collaborating with the PM departments.
Employee Value Proposition:
The Project Coordinator assists in managing the flow of technical information between the AF Steel Project Management team, customers, and subcontractors and vendors, while developing critical relationships with internal and external clients, through verbal and written communication. They collaborate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are executed smoothly. AF PCs / PMs have worked on some of the most amazing building structures in AZ. Please consider joining our dynamic Project Management Team.
- Reviews design drawings for accuracy and completeness, and coordinates resolution of discrepancies and/or missing information with customers, design team, other trades, detailing, shop, & field as may be necessary.
- Coordinates project sequencing and basic detailing job setup including advance bills and shop and erection drawings.
- Provides technical instructions and guidance to steel detailers in preparing shop drawings per project requirements and standards.
- Monitors project schedules regarding submittals, approvals, and shop fabrication releases. Identify and communicate possible delays or problems to project management team.
- Organize detailing RFI process through formal RFI to customer and informal RFI’s with the engineer, architect, and general contractor. Facilitates and fulfills other documentation efforts and duties and as may be required.
- Distribute and route drawings. Partner with Document Control to avoid delays and maintain logs.
- Act as a liaison between shop, field, and detailers to resolve fabrication and erection difficulties.
- Maintains daily communication with Project Manager, Sr. Project Manager or Vice President on progress of areas of responsibility.
- Assists the Project Management Team in achieving successful project results.
- Coordinates the detailing efforts of various common subcontractors.
- Assist with Change Orders (Compiling information, drawings, writing, tracking and keeping Change Order logs update to date).
- Serve as a direct link between Detailers, Project Managers, and other production departments, and customer, other contractors, and Design Team as may be required.
High School Diploma or GED required. Training from an approved or accredited technical school in engineering or detailing/drafting is highly preferred.
Minimum of 2 years in related experience in the coordination of structural steel projects. Detailing experience highly preferred.
Ability to read and interpret shop and design drawings. General understanding and knowledge of basic drafting skills, 3D modeling software/Tekla practices, fabrication and erection standards, standard technical terminology, common structural steel practices, and drafting room procedures.
Software & Technology
Raken, MS Windows 10, MS Office 365; Office Word, Excel, and Outlook; Contract Manager, Trimble and Tekla software. Bluebeam applications.
Position may require frequent road travel as needed and required. This position is generally indoors in a climate-controlled office. However, frequent visitations to the outdoor plant facilities and project sites may be required.
At AF Steel you can grow in your own professional career path and work with a great team of highly skilled professionals. We offer a very generous benefit package including health plans, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), sick pay, paid vacation, and company holidays.
AF Steel is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.