Job Title: Iron Worker (Journeyman)
AF Steel has evolved as Arizona’s premier steel fabricator and erector. Founded in 1980, our company is recognized for its innovation and forward-thinking mindset, employing a leadership team whose combined experience equals nearly a century for planning, designing, fabricating, project managing and erecting some of the most impressive structures in the state.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install joist, steel girders, columns, and other construction materials to form buildings, and other structures.
- Minimum 3 years certified ‘WIRE welding’ experience in commercial steel construction or related field.
- Rigging experience and Signaling experience.
- Cut, position, and bolt down steel bars to reinforce concrete.
- Read and understand structural blueprints.
- Connect steel columns, beams, and girders – Erect steel frames.
- Direct operation of cranes to move structural steel, and other materials onto and around the construction site.
- Unload and stack steel.
- Hoist steel into place in the framework.
- Install stairs, handrails, and other miscellaneous items.
- Must be comfortable with heights.
- Maintain SAFETY 100% of the time
- Maintain AFS quality standards
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Skills
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 + years of hanging iron/structural field experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items over 50 pounds. The employee is required to climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Good judgement in determining best method and procedure to be followed. Able to work on jobs while applying safety rules at all times.
- AF Steel Fabricators provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.