As a Human Resources role with AF Steel Fabricators, you are a dedicated and organized professional with exceptional leadership skills, you will be responsible for collaborating with all AF Steel Fabricator’s departments.
Human resources is an important department for businesses of all sizes and across all industries. In this department, professionals manage the concerns and needs related to the organization’s human capital or the people who work for the business. Whether you are considering a career in human resources or need to bring on HR professionals for your business, it is helpful to understand their main duties and responsibilities. This article will discuss what human resources do, including their key duties.
Role & Responsibilities
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, and, retention.
- Provides support and guidance to management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which includes recruitment, and hiring/onboarding of qualified job applicants.
- Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Processes time cards, and weekly/semimonthly payroll
- Creates forms, and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years in a related field
- Candidates typically need a combination of education and several years of related work experience to become a human resources manager
- HS Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Strong computer and communication skills required
- Spanish Bilingual strongly preferred
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Payroll Processing
- ADP, Benefits, Raken, MS Windows 10, MS Office 365; Office Word, Excel, and Outlook; Contract Manager, Bluebeam applications.
At AF Steel you can grow in your own professional career path and work with a great team of highly skilled professionals. We offer a very generous benefits package including health plans, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), sick pay, paid vacation, and company holidays.
AF Steel is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.